Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Engineering Designer in our Fairview Heights, IL office.
The Engineering Designer will draft and prepare engineering calculations, develop designs and reports for multiple projects including but not limited to: site layout and design, grading, storm water drainage, erosion control design, and utility design. This individual will provide design recommendations and opinions with supervising Professional Engineer. Our Engineering Designer will work very closely with internal Project and Phase Managers.
- Create a basic set of construction drawings and individual sheets
- Draft engineering and construction documents using CAD & Civil 3D
- Conduct evaluations, design analyses, and design development
- Perform engineering calculations, analysis and design development
- Utilize standard engineering practices and techniques to adjust and correlate data; recognize and resolve discrepancies in results
- Prepare engineering plans, plots and reports
- Revise drawings from markups and/or instructions
- Complete assigned tasks on all projects in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain and update resource library
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- 5-8+ years of Engineering Design experience in the private sector
- Active Professional Engineer or Engineer In Training (EIT) certification, is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013/2016 and Microsoft Suite software
- Exhibit working knowledge of grading design
- Prior experience with Design software such as SSA or Water Model software is bonus
- Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/2y50EWl
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.