Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Engineering Designer onsite in our office in any of the following locations: Columbus, OH, Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH office.
The Engineering Designer will draft and prepare engineering calculations, develop designs and reports for multiple projects including but not limited to: grading, interpreting plans, designing long pipeline routes, wetlands permitting, environmental and wildlife impact analysis, and impoundment spill controls. This individual will provide design recommendations and opinions with supervising Professional Engineer. Our Engineering Designers work very closely with internal Project and Phase Managers.
- Create a basic set of construction drawings and individual sheets
- Draft engineering and construction documents using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Conduct evaluations, design analysis and design development
- Produce engineering calculations, analysis reports and provide insights relating to state and local permitting requirements
- Utilize standard engineering practices and techniques to adjust and correlate data; recognize and resolve discrepancies in results
- Prepare engineering plans, plots and reports
- Revise drawings from markups and/or instructions
- Complete assigned tasks on all projects in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of Engineering Design experience in the Oil & Gas sector
- Active Professional Engineer or Engineer In Training (EIT) certification, is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Autodesk suite of products including Civil 3D, Autoturn and SSA and the Microsoft Suite of products including Word and Excel
- Exhibit working knowledge of grading and balancing earthwork on-site
- Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing long pipeline routes, wetlands permitting, environmental and wildlife impact analysis, and impoundment spill controls
- Occasional overnight travel may be required, approximately 25%
- Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/2fykKgU
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.