Drafter responsibilities include:
- Liaising with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculating dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describing production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
We are looking for a Drafter to work within our team and convert designs into technical plans & Prints.
Drafter responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed products and structures that meet our needs. Predominantly all equipment designs are sheet metal based products so sheet metal design is paramount.
- Work and communicate with engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software specifically Solidworks
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software Specifically Solidworks
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines