Marinetek North America Inc, a leading manufacturer of marinas worldwide, has an immediate opening at its St Petersburg, FL plant for an Engineering Draftsman who is capable of creating sales and production drawings for our marina customers. Projects range from single docks and/or attenuators to full blown marinas so a solid understanding of AutoCad and Solidworks is important. This person will work supporting engineering, production and sales departments, as well as the customer directly. This is a full time position. The company offers excellent benefits including medical, vacation and paid time off.
This position is responsible for the following tasks.
- Creating drawings in Solidworks for marina products (e.g. concrete docks, attenuators, EPS and different steel parts) for sales, fabrication and assembly.
- Updating and maintaining drawing data base in our cloud based document storage program.
- Interfacing with project management, sales and engineering staff as well as directly with the customer on customer needs.
- Communicating with the global Marinetek network to coordinate and learn the Marinetek know how.
- Draftsman must have excellent 2D AutoCAD & 3D Solidworks experience - need not apply without this experience.
- Experience in steel or concrete structural design is a good plus, but previous experience is not absolute requirement.
- Fast and willing to learn.
- Very detail orientated.
- A positive and motivated disposition about the marine industry.
- College degree in engineering.