Electrical engineer responsible for the operations, maintenance, designs and reliability of the facilities electrical system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties as assigned.)
- Perform, plan, organize and direct maintenance of the site’s medium voltage electrical distribution
- Direct and perform medium voltage switching operations
- Develops site standards, policies and practices as it relates to electrical designs and reliability.
- Prepares and/or reviews engineering estimates for planning purposes.
- Work with Maintenance, Utility Plant, Mechanical Engineering and Instrumentation/Controls to develop strategies/policies for efficient and effective site operation.
- Perform site assessments, document observations/findings. Develops short term and long term strategic planning improvements/site initiatives. Implement and oversee improvements.
- Review and approve engineering designs.
- Review calculations, sketches, and layouts of other engineers and designers.
- Prepare or review specifications, calculations, and technical studies.
- Review and perform short circuit, coordination and arc fault studies.
- Maintain contact with client representatives to ensure good communication and satisfactory progress of contract deliverables.
- Where required, serves as project manager. Provides direction and leadership on a continual basis. Establishes processes and procedures as they relate to site specific duties.
- Insures all activities are compliant with corporate and site specific business controls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Medium voltage Operation. Data Center experience a plus
- Working knowledge of SKM software a plus
- Leadership experience preferred
Personal Characteristics Required
- Work habits (dependable and organized)
- Work output (efficient, good work methods, high quality).
- Initiative (self-starter, resourceful, assertive).
- Leadership (effective work planning, sets good example).
- Displays professional attitude and image. Integrity
- Demonstrates ownership of the electrical team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience must include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.