The Engineer Manager will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Support daily management activities to ensure commitments are achieved and communicated to the customer support teams.
• Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls by utilizing Lean practitioner manufacturing.
• Collaborates with quality control regarding product tooling, gauging and design to ensure effectual production methods necessary to achieve zero defect, low product cost and standard work.
• Estimates resource requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions make or buy calculations.
• Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, fixtures, functional gauges, machinery and other equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Works closely with manufacturing departments to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
• Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively.
• Hold Engineering employees accountable and provides direction and supervision in accordance with companies policies and applicable laws.
• Proactively communicates information to team members and supports them through collective difficulties.
• Develop individual employee’s skills, standards and morale through training and coaching. Direct, support and delegate tasks as appropriate to an individual employee’s skill level.
• Provide consistent and thorough feedback, conduct timely Performance Appraisals, and deliver disciplinary action if necessary.
• Motivates staff, individually and as a group.
• Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
• Provides engineering support to the production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
• Assists in Root Cause Analysis for non-conformances and Corrective Actions.
• Assists in providing data-driven solutions for process improvement.
• Assists in IQ/OQ/PQ Validations.
• Assists / leads projects for Lean Initiatives.
• Responsible for technical documents and written procedures
• Assist / leads technical changes of products and processes
• Leads Cost optimizations projects
• Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Management as deemed appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree
• 8-10 years of Engineers supervisory experience
• Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, CNC and production equipment required.
• Medical or Aerospace Industry preferred
• Knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T required.
• Lean project experience in cost reduction / process optimization.
• Proficient in fixture development and tooling optimization.
• Strong team based leadership, motivational, and development skills essential.
• Knowledge of PC applications Microsoft Office, ERP system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated responsibility, maturity, and leadership ability.
• Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving ability.
• Possess a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment.
• Strong organizational Minimal travel requirements.
Reliance Medical is part of the Haag-Streit Group of companies, serving medical markets worldwide. This full-time, salaried position offers excellent benefits such as annual bonus, 401K, full medical, dental, and vision plans. Reliance Medical Products prides itself as a team-oriented working environment.
Reliance Medical Products and Haag Streit USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]