Are you looking to join a highly engaged group of passionate business professionals with long tenure in an organization that has a flat organizational structure and little hierarchy? If you answered yes, keep reading!
Our client is seeking an experienced and strategic Engineering Manager to join their successful and growing team in Middlefield, Ohio. In this position, you will provide engineered solutions for plant process equipment; direct the projects for the plant process engineer/s. Initiating and supporting continuous improvement for World Class Manufacturing, and Lean Six Sigma projects.
The idea candidate will have experience developing, installing, and upgrading production equipment; providing coaching, direction, and technical support to production, the plant process engineers, and maintenance department.
REQUIREMENTS: (including educational requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in Engineering
- At least 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Personal drive to improve customer service and support
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate others
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Auto Cad capability to modify plant drawings
- Must be able to visually distinguish color
- Experience with rubber, plastics, or polymer processing strongly preferred
- Engineering License
- Rockwell Automation PLC programming
- MS Office Project and MS Office Suite of products
- Product Development Process
- Lean Six Sigma – Green or Black Belt
- World Class Manufacturing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and planning to the plant process engineering and maintenance department.
• Develop WCM Productivity Action Plans.
• Provide engineering support and expert advice to project teams.
• Improve the company’s environmental impact by reducing energy usage.
• Providing production equipment that is safe to operate, maintaining a safe working environment, and encouraging safe work practices.
• Maintaining the reliability of production equipment and the facility infrastructure to provide maximum machine up-time so our products can be delivered to our customers on time and at the highest level of quality by coaching and partnering with the Maintenance Manager.
• Develop and initiate capital projects.
• Identifying spare parts for equipment.