Parmatech Corporation based in Petaluma, CA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ATW Companies, is a leading supplier of custom manufactured metal injection molding components. MIM is a low cost, high volume manufacturing process that produces parts to near net shape, reducing or eliminating the need for secondary and machining operations. Through proprietary process and material technology, Parmatech provides a robust set of solutions to meet the challenges of their customers around the world. Developed from over thirty-five years of operational experience, Parmatech's unique set of tools provide solutions to even the most demanding MIM applications. Solutions include identifying prototyping needs, rapid prototyping, alloy development, metrology assistance, and identification and managing complex secondary operations.
The primary responsibility of the Engineering Manager is to oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain safety of personnel and equipment, proper product functionality, and product/process cost efficiency. Provides direction, supervision and ensures the engineering team works cohesively together and with other departments. Responsible for determining the most capable equipment needed for cost effective manufacturing of product.
- Lead the engineering team by providing vision, direction, supervision, and monitoring results of the team and providing status reports to management
- Direct New Product Introduction efforts (commercialization of new components)
- Maintain technical edge by keeping abreast of advancements in process, materials, and equipment fields
- Define capital needs and other relevant practices for manufacturing (concept generation and implementation) to maintain competitive advantage
- Manage and assist lab development efforts in areas of feedstock development and material characterization
- Provide leadership in process and plant engineering
- Serve as a key technical contact for the company with customers and suppliers on product, equipment, metallurgy, and process issues.
- Lead the process engineering team to develop performance metrics for manufacturing equipment and work with maintenance to establish proper predictive maintenance for equipment
- Play an active role in commercialization of the technology with sales
- Provide technical assistance within other areas of the company as needed
- Form the agenda, conduct, and schedule the Engineering Team Meeting; keep minutes and follow-up on actions emanating from meetings.
- Manage Engineering Project schedule
- Direct engineering interface with production for problem solving
- Research problems, monitor testing, and define process consistencies
- Perform engineering changes conforming to internal quality requirements
- Manages the revision and maintenance of Engineering Documents and Work Instructions.
- Oversees the training of personnel in the proper use and operation of equipment, processes, engineering documents and tooling.
- Establishes, modifies, implements, and monitors systems and procedures to enhance timely and efficient workflow.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and able to demonstrate solid experience with the following:
- Proven Leadership Skills
- Root Cause Analysis Techniques
- Customer Relationship Skills
- Automation, Cost Reduction
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Metallurgy, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent in related environment. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Understand all aspects of the MIM process including powder manufacturing methods, characterization, binder formulations, debinding principles,sintering, and secondary operations including plating, heat treatment, machining etc.
- Familiarity with failure analysis methods, and characterization equipment including optical microscope, SEM, hardness testers, etc.; able to understand and interpret microstructures
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to perform a variety of complex tasks
- Proficient on CAD, solid computer skills, use of inspection equipment and knowledge of statistical methods and GD&T
- Good understanding of other metals forming technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player