Company: InMotive Inc
Business information: we specialize in developing mechatronic engineering solutions to meet the growing global demand for sustainable transportation solutions and to intelligently address the inefficiencies that exist in today’s vehicle designs. Our Mission is to deliver reliable, technologically superior, energy efficient products to the marketplace. The Engineering Manager’s role will be to develop energy efficient EV transmission.
Business address: 844 Don Mills Road, South Tower, 3rd floor, Toronto, ON, M3C 1V7
Work Location: same as above and business travel required depending on the business needs (national and international trips)
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Establish and implement policies and procedures for engineering work
· Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
· Design development, testing and vehicle integration of 2-speed electric drive train
· Drive train system simulation
· Perform duties related to electric vehicle transmission, traction motor, multi ratio transmission shift control strategy, transmission control unit, DFMEA, supplier identification
· Design for electric vehicle powertrain, traction motors
· Assign, coordinate and review technical work
· Evaluate technical designs and engineering work; have direct responsibility of the R&D team
· Oversee the analysis of data and information
· Oversee the preparation of reports
· Consult and advise clients
· Advise senior management; report to the CTO and CEO
· Manage contracts
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
· Plan and control budget and expenditures
· Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required.
- Strong automotive industry and engineering knowledge required.
- Good knowledge of fabrication processes, materials, supply chains, and quality assurance techniques are required.
- Work experience with Electric Vehicle manufacturer
- Work experience with an automotive manufacturer’s R&D or engineering department in a management role is preferred.
- Business travel required depending on the business needs (national and international trips); the company will reimburse the costs of those trips.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be comfortable working to tight timelines and with limited budgets.
- Excellent written and oral communication is required
- Fast pace environment.
Salary: $49.00 to $51.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
-Flexibility in schedule is required. Shifts: 8:00am to 5:00pm from Monday to Friday.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by phone: 647-920-9192