Nesco Resource is working with an innovative global manufacturer in its search for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of Mechanical, Electrical and Machine vision Engineers! Our client offers outstanding benefits and the ability to work from concept to deployment with some of the most innovative machine technologies!
- Manage Engineering Department (a team of 10-15) by organizing, prioritizing, and executing plans. Prioritize projects and tasks. Create optimal workflow. Assign work and monitor performance.
- Play a critical role in new product development. Contribute ideas, assess and improve current designs.
- Participate in corporate management activities such as company-wide strategic planning and resource planning (staffing, key human resource needs for the department, etc.).
- Support other departments: support sales/marketing in responding to sales opportunities; support R&D department in responding to RFPs; support production department in improving reliability, product delivery, field support; support accounting in cost tracking, creating engineering related account receivables, etc.
- Perform project management within engineering operation – meet goals, minimize cost, create/track delivery time tables, formulate project teams, gather outside resources where applicable, and maximize project ROI.
- Act as department liaison with the customer: write key emails to the customer; create customer issues related reports; lead customer meetings from engineering point of view
- Help create new architectures and enhance current architectures.
- Perform code reviews, and team-work reviews to improve team performance.
- Create, review and enhance signal processing and machine vision algorithms.
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment using similar machine vision technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering preferred. Ability to credibly demonstrate machine vision experience from concept to deployment.
- Programming skills (C/C++, C#, etc.) in Linux and Windows OS. MATLAB or other machine vision / signal processing environments programming very useful.
- Working knowledge of digital and analog electronics; mechanical engineering related disciplines; manufacturing engineering related disciplines
- Ability to work with other engineering disciplines to create electromechanical products.
- Ability to enforce/perform quality assurance on department output, e.g. outgoing software, engineering drawings, ready to deliver product, demonstrations, etc.
- Creative and critical thinker with strong business acumen and relationship management skills.
- Prior experience with transition from prototype-to-product; particularly interested in experience with configuration management and procedures for structured development.
- Leadership qualities including ability to manage, clear thinking, clear communications, able to enforce schedules and budgets, etc.
- Knowledge of sensors, instrumentation, machine vision cameras, optics, lighting, controllers, networking, integration, etc. will be all very useful.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.