Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Engines, a business unit of Arconic, is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. Arconic Engines excels in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high-performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. For more information: www.arconic.com. Follow @arconic: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and
This position is responsible for providing technical leadership in the Engineering area of product, special process and quality. These responsibilities involve supervising salaried employees, managing all engineering services; providing technical assistance to assigned engineers to meet
or exceed quality, cycle time, profitability and customer requirements; coordinating the transition of technologies into production; facilitating process standardization; driving continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and systems; establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
Supervises an effective team; including planning and holding meetings, preparing and conducting performance appraisals as appropriate, managing staffing levels (including vacations, overtime and leaves of absences), assisting with career development (motivates, coaches and trains to acquire maximum quality, productivity, morale and cooperation), approving time and attendance, and prioritizing and making work assignments.
Participate in the conception, evaluation and implementation of cost reduction, product improvement and production problem solving activities.
Directs engineering group on cost estimation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Maintain good communication links with customer technical personnel and assist them with design considerations for optimum manufacturing capability and production value.
Directs and coordinates all aspects of capital equipment justification and acquisition.
Responsible for import, export ASAT compliance
Follow policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Prepare reports and actively participate in technical and business meetings.
Approve documents and procedures relating to production process.
Maintain and improve customer Quality ratings.
Achieve and maintain facility ISO 9002 /AS9001/ NADCAP accreditation.
Actively participate, promote and comply with all EHS programs and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from and accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years management experience.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3-5 years management experience in a manufacturing setting
- Strong management experience in a manufacturing setting
- Results driven and accountable for actions; work independently
- Experience in a machine shop or aerospace industry highly preferred.
- Approachable; demonstrates leadership strength and managerial courage
- Effective communicator verbally and written
- Able to forge strong, trusting collaborative relationships
- Sound coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution
- Project management and business acumen
- Able to conceptualize and effectively implement
- Views safety as a way of life
- Have computer proficiency in MS Office.
- Have strong problem solving to root cause and corrective action skills.