Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Scope of the Position: The Engineering Supervisor will be instrumental in developing new electronic product concepts for achieving customer objectives through the development phase.
The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible to provide leadership and direction within the electronics engineering team. The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for planning, scheduling and supervising the timely and quality work performance of the team
- Supervise, mentor and coach engineers within assigned team
- Enforce product quality and requirements within the team
- Responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Directs, prioritizes, assigns and reviews assigned employees work; approves time off for payroll purposes; prepares and reviews employee performance evaluations
- Prepare engineering drawings, schematics and/ or prototypes based upon pre-defined product requirements
- Test physical and computerized drawings and prototypes for functionality, reliability and ease of manufacture
- Ensure all products meet or exceed applicable safety standards
- Recommend components, part suppliers and materials for suitability, durability and cost-effectiveness
- Prepare detailed product development reports at each stage of the development process
- Assist with preparations for launching new products
- Supervise and assist with site APQP activities
- Review product methods, layouts, and cycle times to look for improvements and verify documentation
- Troubleshoot product malfunctions/ failures to prevent future concerns
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
- Stay current with industry trends as well as product development methodologies
- Seeking automotive electronics engineer with 7-10 years of experience in design.
- Candidate to have prior program management or supervisory experience – 3-5 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- An advanced degree is a plus.
- Ability to identify industry trends, and develop technologies to address those trends.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans and Process Flow
- Proven ability to create and execute product development plans that have achieved the identified target
- Exceptional organizational skills with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Professional/ mature demeanour
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivation, and supervisory qualities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, OneNote)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a work environment with focus on continuous improvement
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and the ability to develop recommendations accordingly
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.