Location(s): NM - Hobbs
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position provides environmental compliance support for power plants and other facilities in the Hobbs, NM area. The position is primarily located out of Hobbs with travel to surrounding areas including Artesia, Seminole, and Roswell. This position is responsible for the day to day activities that support environmental compliance. Should be able to work under minimal supervision conferring primarily on unusual matters. Should possess broad knowledge of environmental theories, principles, techniques and related work disciplines and apply it along with related work experience in completing job assignments.
- Designs and develops environmental procedures and programs designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations, licenses, and permits pertaining to environmental control at the corporation's facilities. (Major areas may include air, water quality, and land quality; liquid and solid waste disposal, above ground and underground storage tanks, radiation, emergency plans, DOT compliance with pipeline and transportation and FAA safety regulations.)
- Designs and administers studies and monitoring programs. Conducts research, and prepares and/or reviews data required to support permit applications, regulatory reports, management plans and performance indicators.
- Prepares technical reports and permit applications based on the interpretation of data, observations, and current regulations.
- Performs in-depth environmental reviews and inspections to facilitate compliance with applicable regulations. Conducts environmental assessment of sites and facilities to minimize corporate risk and liability.
- Provides technical guidance and formal regulatory required and requested environmental training and guidance to facility personnel and outside contractors to promote environmental compliance.
- As requested, reviews and comments on proposed new regulations and legislation as to its potential impact on each business unit. Once adopted, assist facilities in any modifications to procedures, processes or operation to come into compliance.
- Assists with budget preparation and works to implement programs within budget, time and regulatory constraints.
- Upon request, provides technical assistance to emergency incidents at facilities.
- May hire at a higher level depending on experience.
Environmental Analyst III Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Applied Science or related field (Associate's degree in areas of environmental or applied science and three years of progressive responsibilities in environmental related work experience may be substituted for the education)
- 4 years professional environmental related work experience
Environmental Analyst IV Requirements
- BS/BA in environmental science, engineering, applied science, or related fields
- Six years of progressively more responsible environmental related work experience including, but not limited to environmental regulations, remedial procedures, audit procedures, and power generation processes.
- Demonstrated skills in technical writing, verbal communication, and negotiations.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: NM - Hobbs || NM - Hobbs || United States (US) || Operations || 42470:Environmental Air/Water || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18622
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]