Come Join Our Team within BAE System Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area!
BAE Systems is a world leader in Electronic Warfare technology and within ECS we deliver a full range of products across the entire EW spectrum. If you are an individual who enjoys a dynamic team environment and are interested in a variety of complex challenges, working on the Air Force's premier F-35 platform, then we want to hear from you.
In our Project Technical Lead (PTL) role, you will be building a career in a cohesive team atmosphere leading activities, supporting F-35, that span new capability development through a large and dynamic production environment. You will be responsible to plan, manage and lead an effective interdisciplinary engineering team on large, complex and challenging projects. The PTL collaborates with program managers, functional engineering managers, and factories to ensure efficient and effective engineering execution on the program. You will own the product from architecture and design through integration test, volume production, and delivery. Our F-35 engineering team strives to deliver best in class, dependable, mission ready products, with zero defects in support of our business aim: We Protect Those Who Protect Us .
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining a diverse interdisciplinary engineering team for the program and leading by example to create a diverse and positive work environment.
- Responsible for partnering with the program office to manage the successful execution of all engineering efforts (leadership, technical, cost, staffing, and schedule) on the project and proactively monitoring key activities to ensure work scope, product cost targets, schedule, and budget are well defined, achievable, and maintained.
- Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans, requirements, product cost targets, and schedules by attending program control meetings, design reviews, and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Leads team in planning and the execution of program and engineering reviews per company process. Actively coordinates with functional managers, chief engineers and senior engineering management to engage all stakeholders in effective reviews and obtains approvals. Maintains compliance with applicable engineering process and standards.
- Serves as the Engineering focal point for all activity within the program including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, integrated engineering plans on programs, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Develops staffing requirements for programs and interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure program is properly staffed and ready for successful execution.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cost, schedule, and customer objectives
- Demonstrated proactive, closure oriented leadership
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate a cross functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- 5+ years in EW Programs
- Experience with IR&D development and production programs
- Previous experience leading a multi-site team
- Experience leading $30M+ EMD and/or Production programs
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.