Apex Systems, the nation s 2nd largest Information Technology and Engineering staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to work for one of our local clients in San Francisco, CA.
The Firmware Engineer (reports to the Director of Medical Devices) will bring medical device software expertise to the team and lead efforts required to successfully submit a connected device for regulatory approval. Additional responsibilities include working on a next generation medical device.
If interested please reach out to Lauren Pritts at 412.###.#### and email [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]. Position requires someone eligible to work in the United States.
- Write embedded software for low powered medical devices including wearables.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers to develop next generation products
- Develop new algorithms for harnessing different biomarker sensors.
- Document design and testing activities to support regulatory submissions and clinical trials
- Create software specification requirements
- Lead software hazards analysis and participate in software verification & validation activities
- 5+ years of experience with medical device product design & development
- Good knowledge of electronics including, low power BLE, RTOS & low power RF design
- Experience with serial interface protocols such as UART, I2C, SPI
- Proficient in C, C++ programming language and scripting language such as Python
- Experience developing control algorithms such as PID control algorithms.
- Familiarity with appropriate FDA, QSR, and ISO regulations, design controls and regulatory approval methods
- Experience in software risk analysis
- Good documentation practices and strong communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience in working on high volume devices such as wearables, hearing aids, glucose meters.
- Familiarity with development of optical sensors and gas sensors
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Master's degree is a plus.
Again, if you're interested in learning more please send your updated resume to Lauren Pritts at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] for further consideration.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####