Location(s): TX - Lubbock
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Fleet Mechanic A or B at our Lubbock Sevice Center in Lubbock, Texas.
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles operated by Xcel Energy Corp. This includes preventive maintenance, minor and major repairs of cars, trucks, aerial devices, construction equipment and other types of equipment operated by the company.
Requirements for A Mechanic:
- High school diploma or GED
- Four years of experience in the automotive and/or truck maintenance and repair field
- Minimum qualifications include 8 certifications from Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Included in these could be certifications from Fluid Power Society (FPS) or a State Welding certification
- Must have a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and a DOT medical card
- Must be willing to respond to after hour emergency work, call-outs and overtime as assigned
Requirements for B Mechanic:
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Lubbock || TX - Lubbock || United States (US) || Operations || 18750:Fleet Amarillo I40 || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5381
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]