Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; MN - Montevideo; MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
The Fleet Project Scheduler supports the portfolio of capital projects through development of project schedules from study through closeout phases for day-to day project activities in support of on-line and outage project work. They prepare, update and analyze project schedules to optimize schedule adherence, resource, cost and productivity management. This individual collaborates with various departments to ensure schedule integrity and alignment with plant conditions.
- Assists Project Managers in developing and maintaining project schedules associated with the fleet project portfolio using company’s scheduling software. This requires the individual to have strong communication and engagement skills to obtain data from the appropriate individuals and departments for incorporation into the project schedule. This is required to support timely implementation of project deliverables.
- Collaborates with work management, work week coordinators, the construction organization and various other individuals and departments to integrate a logic driven project schedule and work order implementation schedule activities within the on-line or outage schedule in alignment with work management process This requires the individual to be knowledgeable in all aspects of the work management process and other standard schedule compliance procedures. Ensures updates are provided accordingly.
- Leads or participates in project and site developed meetings as needed to develop and communicate schedule requirements and deliverables. Uses reports out of various software programs as a method to develop and discuss schedule.
- Develops histograms, burndown curves and cost analysis graphs to determine resource needs and provide a clear visual representation of project resource, schedule, cost and productivity performance.
- Develops and maintains standard reports as required/ requested to provide roll up Capital project portfolio data to the department or company. Including but not limited to milestone and long range plan schedules.
- Maintains proficiency with company’s scheduling software (per current version used by the company) software tools and other software as needed for successful schedule development. Tracking and reporting.
- Associates degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years nuclear power plant experience in maintenance, I&C, operations, engineering, planning or related technical area, and a minimum of 3 years experience related to successful schedule development using Primavera or similar scheduling software are required.
- Additional experience directly related to successful scheduling of capital project work is desired.
- Please verify that your education and/or experience meets the minimum requirements listed.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Montevideo; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45415:FT Nuclear Project Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14283
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]