Position Title: FPGA Engineer
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Laser Technology and Applications Group (82) develops and applies laser systems and optics in solutions of defense and other U. S. Government needs. Group 82 is in need of support in the building, integrating, characterizing, and testing of developmental high-power laser systems. This requisition is for engineering support (Engineer II) for the development of HDL code and firmware to run on FPGA-based SoCs and hardware within larger control systems. The Engineer II will be responsible for the development of HDL code and firmware to run on FPGA-based custom control hardware under supervision of technical staff.
- Must haves:
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years or Masters and 3+ years
- FPGA hardware design (Xilinx)
- VHDL / Verilog firmware development
- Must be experienced bringing up and debugging FPGA based HW and FW.
- Matlab or similar language / Xilinx HLS.
- Nice to haves:
- FPGA embedded systems development (Xilinx Microblaze)
- Experience with Xilinx vertex 7 or RFSoC development platforms.
Team Dynamics/Culture: Large Program at the lab that has 100 people involved, it is for a 10 year program (they are on year 5). About 4-5 FPGA folks on the team right now