Apex Systems is seeking a FPGA Engineer near the Boston, MA area. This position is in an engineering organization focused on satellite communications systems, including secure and protected systems. For immediate consideration please email Lauren Pritts at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ].
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Applying advanced technical principles and concepts to develop FPGA designs based on defined system architectures.
- Developing Firmware Requirements Specifications for FPGA designs.
- Performing implementation tradeoffs, and presenting, explaining, and refining design approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders.
- Determining and following the course of action necessary to implement finished products based on the selected design approach.
- VHDL-based RTL and functional design, analysis and verification.
- Integrating FPGA designs into hardware and supporting system integration, test, and qualification.
- Design documentation and design maintenance.
- A minimum of 8 years professional engineering experience
- Proficiency with VHDL for configuring FPGAs
- Experience with FPGA and CPLD devices and development tools from Xilinx, Altera, and Lattice.
- Proficiency with functional verification test flow using VHDL with assertions.
- Proficiency with Modelsim and/or Questa Sim for functional verification
- Experience incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs, including PCIe and high speed Ethernet.
- Experience working in a system integration environment, verifying requirements and identifying and correcting defects.
- Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance and COMSEC clearance.
- Experience with satellite communications systems.
- Familiarity with security aspects of protected satellite communications systems.
- Linux scripting experience.
- Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow of requirements through multiple levels of specifications.
- Familiarity with code coverage tools for evaluating test coverage.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Clearcase or GitHub
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and/or interest in project team leadership, including technical, budget, staffing, and schedule management
- Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
Required Education: Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Desired Education: Master s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####