Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
We are looking for a Full-stack Development Engineer. This role sits within the Security Operations Engineering (SOE) team. The team is a DevOps team consisting of full-stack dev engineers developing and running UI and back end services for the operational security teams (MSOC). MSOC works 24/7 helping Mimecast customers with security problems having full visibility of an ever-changing global threat landscape. SOE works with MSOC to provide them with engineering solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal candidate will be equally comfortable developing front end or backend code. A passion for technology, being a self-starter, as well as good people skills and communication are essential.All Mimecasters pride themselves on being really high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who have a limitless appetite and a tenacious attitude to building cool stuff, people who really enjoy what they do and have a strong interest in technology.
As an SOE full-stack development engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Work alongside our operational security and security research teams and support them with building robust engineering solutions.
- Develop UI code to support complex user interactions in the security space.
- Write backend code; deploy to production; and own configuring & running the services in a DevOps environment.
- Write unit and integration tests for your projects making them ready to deploy in a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Communicate clearly to a non-engineering audience technology choices and trade-offs, and produce documentation.
- Pioneer and establish best engineering practices in a fast paced operational environment while appreciating the exigencies of such an environment.
- Development using modern UI frameworks such as React or Angular.
- DB administration with as many as possible of SQL and no-SQL databases (creation/maintenance/optimization) e.g.: Redis, Elasticsearch/Lucene, PostgreSQL
- General DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering skills: e.g. failure trouble shooting, log analysis, service monitoring, deployment pipelines, debugging.
- Competent developer understanding the software dev life cycle and testing best practices (e.g. unit testing, integration testing etc.) using a CI pipeline.
- Knowledge of building and running modern microservices and designing RESTful interfaces.
- Nice to have: Security / Threat intelligence experience and background (esp. security technology integration).
- As many as possible of: Python, Lua, Java, C, C++, Go, Ruby.
- System administration skills and interest e.g.: Linux admin, git integration, Jenkins, puppet.
- Previous experience of designing or working with distributed solutions such as multi-tier architecture systems.
- Hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
- Experience of working to deliver a SaaS solution.
- Knowledge of email messaging and security.
- Understanding of the internet architecture and web protocols such as HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS.
- Experience with containerisation such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, including familiarity with concepts such as OSI stack.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.