Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible to analyze and define technical solutions or recommend process changes to meet business needs for enterprise applications. Responsible for strategy and application management of large and complex customer initiatives or business processes in multiple functional domains. Analyzes, defines and assists in the deployment of the SAP based solution for the SAP Plant Maintenance and Asset Management processes. The Functional Consultant, Plant Maintenance and Asset Management will use their skills in SAP process design, technical design, development, integration, testing and SAP technical architecture to focus on architecting a solution using SAP to achieve a defined business outcome. Has in depth business acumen and enterprise application knowledge. Supports more than 3 business areas and enterprise applications.
- Project Delivery – Contributes to conceptual and logical designs. Configures SAP or Enterprise applications to meet business requirements. Writes functional and development specifications. Conducts unit/integrations testing. Supports deployment. Assists with scope, issues and risk management. Provides SAP/ Enterprise application operational support.
- Delivery Support SAP – Provides SAP Operational Support for level 2 & 3 production issues. Supports daily operations and change request fulfillment. Follows and improves delivery and operations methodologies for enterprise and/or SAP applications and related solutions. Assists with identification, investigation and solving production problems.
- Business Process Analysis – Maintains expert knowledge of enterprise and multiple business domains, end-to-end processes, related SAP solutions and capabilities or configuration and of enterprise applications. Develops expertise on business process and business areas assigned. Creates artifacts and workflows to support communicating current process and changes.
- Demand Management – Contributes to demand management for enterprise and complex applications or areas of infrastructure including prioritization, release management, and requirements definition. Determines, develops, and approves functional specifications, documents requirements, manages scope, and coordinates for justifiable solutions. Develop forecasts and budgets for assigned application or infrastructure areas.
- Strategy & Planning – Contributes to development of IT strategy workshops to support end to end strategy planning. Collaborates with BUs to document key business objectives and strategy to support development of IT technology plan and portfolio. Works with vendors to align their application strategy with IT technology plan. Understands application technology foundation and aligns it into IT technology plan.
- Relationship Management – Responsible for strategic management of key customer relationships. Communicates effectively with senior management, key leadership, business peers, business systems peers and vendors. Maintains effective working relationships with customers, project teams, subject matter experts and internal IT support teams.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- Twelve years application or IT infrastructure support.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of one or more enterprise applications or one or more of SAP functional domains and related solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative technology solutions to support complex business requirements.
- Excellent relationship management, facilitation, project management, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tools expertise, drive consistency in processes.
- Full application life cycle experience. Experience with SAP Solution Manager preferred.
- Experience with SAP Solution Manager preferred.
- Regulated business experience preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56265:IT Svc Dlvry_Finance&SuppChain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18736
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]