Location(s): MN - Inver Grove Heights
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Gas Plant Equipment Operator(s) at our Wescott Plant in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota.
Operates and performs routine operating inspections for gas plant equipment. Also completes daily operating records at 3 MN gas production plants. Responds to plant emergencies as appropriate and will be assigned to 12 hour rotating shift work. This position is subject to the PHMSA Drug and Alcohol FFD testing. The successful candidate must satisfy applicable Part 195 OQ requirements upon hire.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must possess MN 1st Class A boiler license
- Must be able to climb stairways to top of Refrigerated gas storage tanks
- Must be able to read and understand plant process drawings and records
- Demonstrate commitment to work safely
- Required to successfully complete the medical evaluation associated with Xcel's LNG Qualification Program
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Inver Grove Heights || MN - Inver Grove Heights || United States (US) || Operations || 21250:Gas Plant NSPM || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14245
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]