Location(s): MN - Inver Grove Heights
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provides direct supervision to plant mechanics, relay/electrical personnel and leads gas plant operations as needed. Reviews equipment specifications and purchases parts and materials needed for repairs. Provides technical guidance for the maintenance and operations of plant systems. Develops and implements plans for maintenance of process systems to enhance reliability and efficiency of plant operations. Reviews and updates maintenance procedures. This position will report to the Manager, Gas Plants and will have responsibility for both maintenance and operations at all four Gas Plants (Westcott, Sibley, Maplewood and Black Avenue). It is critical that this position maintains a strong connection with the Gas Plants manager to ensure consistency and leadership coverage at all plants. Must have the ability to work an on-call rotation schedule and be available after-hours to respond to operational needs. Plants operate on a 24/7 operations schedule and this position will be called on to perform operations supervision duties as required. This requires being respirator qualified and trained to emergency response level. This position is subject to DOT drug testing requirements.
- Supervise mechanical, and electrical maintenance personnel and provide work direction for the operations personnel in the absence of the Plant Manager. Prioritize and schedule work activities. Manage labor relations, personnel performance issues, and approve records of direct reports.
- Develop, maintain and update plant maintenance manuals, procedures and coordinate associated training to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and ensure proper maintenance of plant equipment.
- Monitor preventative maintenance programs for all mechanical, instrument and control, and electrical equipment at the gas plants. Responsible for directing the efforts for completion of the equipment maintenance system for the gas plants.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledgeable of electrical control systems, plant mechanical systems, and appropriate safety procedures for their repair.
- 3 years of experience in plant operations/maintenance.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Inver Grove Heights || MN - Inver Grove Heights || United States (US) || Operations || 58685:Gas Plants XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18994
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]