Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
We are hiring a General Manager, Fleet Operations (GMFO) to be based out of downtown Minneapolis. The successful applicant will have a well-rounded background, with experience in multiple areas such as Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Radiation Protection, etc. Interpersonal communication, public speaking, and strong leadership skills will be essential for the successful candidate. Responsibilities listed below may vary dependent upon focus of the GMFO role best suited and selected for within the organization.
This position is responsible for directing the establishment and implementation of industry best practice performance strategy and standards for nuclear plant operations and maintenance from a fleet oversight perspective, assuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant within the constraints of applicable regulatory requirements, operating license, and the Quality Assurance Plan. Functional areas of responsibility (including all related procedures and programs) may include one or more of the following areas: Operations, Maintenance, Radiation Protection, Chemistry, Environmental Services, Maintenance, Outage planning and Execution, Training, Security, Emergency Preparedness, Production Planning, Regulatory Affairs, Performance Improvement, Industrial Safety.
- Responsible to create strategies to drive performance improvement through fleet governance and oversight assisting senior management achieving targets and goals. Provide oversight and accountability through challenge boards and other means to improve performance.
- Provide oversight, observations, and accountability to the Training Programs; Additionally, on a periodic basis provide instruction as a leadership subject matter expert. Ensure proper plant staffing, including training and maintaining a qualified operating staff.
- Provide oversight of outage planning and outage execution. That means looking ahead in a forward thinking manner and anticipating potential problems / situations to generate preventative approaches to undesirable outcomes.
- Provide stakeholder communications such as INPO, NRC, Public Utility Commission, and the Corporation. Additionally, provide reviews to documents that represent the site to external stakeholders for completeness and accuracy. Maintains industry expertise and reviews new technology, best practices, emerging trends and / or regulation changes and develop strategies for the fleet.
- Review and take the lead to resolve performance deficiencies.
- Coaching and mentoring functional area managers and supervisors to fully assess and resolve problems and decision-making approaches in a manner that effectively transfers knowledge
- May be a member of the Emergency Response Organization. Also participate in practice drills with the assigned crew as well as evaluate the performance effectiveness of the other crews.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a recognized engineering or scientific field generally associated with power production.
- 10+ years of responsible power plant experience, to which a minimum of three years must be nuclear power plant experience.
- Current or previous Senior Reactor Operator's License or Certification.
- 10+ years of nuclear power plant experience
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45422:FT Engineering GM || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5777
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]