Location(s): MN - Inver Grove Heights
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for a General Gas Plant Helper. This position will be located at Xcel Energy’s Wescott LNG Plant but have responsibility throughout the three Minnesota gas production plant sites (Maplewood, Sibley and Wescott).
Gas Production Department will have the sole right of selectivity in filling this position.
Job Responsibilities (May include, but not limited to the following)
- General plant upkeep-sweeping, mopping, trash take out of plant buildings
- Restroom Cleaning-showers, sinks, stools, floors, towels
- Snow removal- walkways, doors, paths for equipment
- Maintaining plant supplies- towels, toilet paper, trash bags, general housekeeping supplies
- Light maintenance- air filters, running errands, running parts, etc.
- General shipping and receiving- will require a forklift certification
- Escort non-Xcel Energy visitors/vendors
- General office help for management
- Waste facilities
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) inspections< >First aid kitsFire extinguishers
- Fence checks
- Lighting survey
- Pipeline Survey
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prefer post-secondary technical training in a related area
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Forklift certification
- Demonstrate commitment to work safely
- Able to lift 50 pounds safely
- Have the ability to climb stairways to top of refrigerated gas storage tanks, and perform work on catwalks.
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include PHMSA Drug and Alcohol FFD testing for utility workers.
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute Plant Personnel Test required.
- Required to successfully complete the medical evaluation associated with the Xcel Energy’s LNG Qualification Program, security clearance and other exams that are required by federal regulations.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Inver Grove Heights || MN - Inver Grove Heights || United States (US) || Operations || 21250:Gas Plant NSPM || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14244
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]