Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Analyze and process complex, high liability and non-routine, employee payroll, benefit, pension trust reconciliation, and/or job record transactions. Own recurring projects and processes requiring coordination with HR partners, vendors, executives, and customers. Audit data integrity within and between applicable systems, vendor files, and processes, upholding regulatory compliance. Actively participate in and contribute to projects or initiatives affecting HR Operations including eligibility validations, ERISA appeals, SOx and IRS audits, Review, modify, and document existing processes as needed to meet changing requirements including SOx, ERISA, FML, HIPAA, Section 125, Medicare, IRS, and other federal/state regulations.
- Responsible for accurate processing of complex, high impact and/or non-routine payroll, pension, and benefit processes including but not limited to recurring reconciliation or vendor audits, SOx audits, data quality audits, billing and collection statements, payroll and benefit funding, HSA awards, call calibrations, life insurance claims, Q-Meds, dependent eligibility, Medicare and Extend Health transitions, pension trust reconciliations, life cycle communication materials, manual check processing, TIME security, severance.
- Provide advanced problem solving and research on transaction-related discrepancies, issues, and audit findings, and communicate results to appropriate persons. Update or coordinate employee job record, payroll, benefit, pension, and/or other employment and personal information within the applicable HR and vendor systems in a timely and accurate manner as needed. Develop and provide modified process documentation and training as needed.
- Work closely with vendors, HR Business Consultants, Compensation, Workforce Relations, timekeepers, and managers to ascertain the accuracy of the data submitted and reconcile differences when applicable. Maintains a high level of confidentiality through understanding privacy laws, company policy and legal and ethical requirements.
- Lead, coordinate, participate in HR Operations projects such as annual enrollment, system testing, system requirements development for software upgrades, audit processes, vendor replacement, training, benefit design changes affecting operations processes, etc. Work closely with HRMS on internal and external audits to ensure programs are administered in compliance with applicable policies, program provisions, laws, and regulations. Other project work as assigned.
- Provide expertise to HR Operations team, HR partners relating to payroll, benefit, pension, and PAF related operational processes, federal and state regulations, and other escalated questions. Assist department as needed to achieve and maintain expected customer service and productivity levels.
- High school degree or equivalent, with additional education preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of privacy laws and applicable benefits and payroll regulations.
- Advanced skills/experience in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and MS Excel are required.
- Must be customer focused, have a high level of accuracy, excellent time management skills, and be results oriented.
- Must have the ability to articulate and tactfully communicate with customers including executives, and demonstrate superior customer service and interpersonal relationship building skills.
- 3 years operational experience within HR, benefits payroll, financial, or other operational environment.
- Experience in PeopleSoft payroll and benefit applications
- Financial background
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 85210:HR Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6913
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com