DescriptionAre you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to join Northrop Grumman? If so, put your knowledge and experience to work as a IBCS Field Engineer in support of our systems maintenance.
The position supports IBCS, which is a ground transportable, tactical integrated air and missile defense system, support domestically and internationally a US Army air and missile defense system.
You will provide on-site support to Test Events and Unit Operations. The candidate will troubleshoot, fault isolate and correct executable tactical software, hardware, and communications anomalies and malfunctions.
This position is located in Huntsville, Alabama with temporary duty travel to CONUS test locations, and temporary duty or possible relocation to Warsaw, Poland at equipment fielding in the 2022.
**Relocation to Warsaw, Poland is not mandatory for the position.
As part of normal duties, you will also:
- Perform a variety of maintenance and technical support on equipment, integrated systems, subsystems and software at customer and/or field locations
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and affect repair
- Install, operate, maintain, and repair software, network configurations, and equipment as required
- Installs upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change
- Coordinate and process material returns using contractor logistics support procedures
- Maintain effective customer communications and relationships
- Provide on-site training support of customer operator, maintainer and support personnel
1. Level 3: Bachelor s degree with a minimum of 5 years Department of Defense experience.
Level 4: Bachelor s degree with a minimum of 8 years Department of Defense experience.
2. A current Secret Security Clearance
3. Experience in analyzing and evaluating products and related performance, comprehending analyzing complete problems and developing solutions
4. Experience conducting product briefings effectively with customer and vendors
5. Possess a wide and comprehensive understanding with all aspects of the job and practical applications to complex problems and situations
6. Experience working with established processes and procedures, train, assign and check work for other technicians
7. Experience working with technical teams to accomplish time critical tasks/event
8. Security + certification or ability to obtain it within 6 months of employment
9. Physical requirements: Ability to stand unassisted for 4 hours; ability to climb 8 ft. ladders; ability to lift up to 35 lbs. from the ground up to chest height
10. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
1. Experience with asset management software
2. Experience with Air Defense Tactical Operations
3. DoD Certified Military Instructor
4. Currently holding or can renew a DCL class A driver s license
5. General small engine repair experience
6. Generator mechanic experience
7. Vehicle mechanic experience
8. HAVC certifications
9. Air Defense Software experience
10. Computer operating system experience (Linux, Microsoft Windows)
11. Network configuration (IPV6) and maintenance experience
12. Ability to speak Polish