Implementation Engineer - Connectivity
We are freethinking and do not believe in rigid structure or tight controls where these limit our ability to be innovative and adaptable. Our team at Fidessa is represented within 6 continents in 15 global locations. We recognize that a business is only as good as its people. To provide and build on our high-quality platform and services, we seek to employ only the best!
The successful candidate will be customer-focused and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a high degree of individual autonomy. Fidessa corporations hallmark is that of an elite group of systems professionals with a reputation of quality and reliability in providing expert, innovative solutions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related area is required.
- Entry/Mid-Level Candidate 0-5 years of experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding and facility in using common programming control expressions (If, For, While, etc.).
- Some history or exposure to the XML programming language, especially in the area of GUI dialogs.
- Proficient with JAVA, UNIX or Linux OS.
- Shell Scripting.
- Desire to learn.
- Excellent team work.
- Familiarity with US and/or Canadian Equity, Option and Futures markets.
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols such as FIX, CMS, or STAMP.
- One or more scripting languages a plus (e.g. Tcl, Perl, VB, etc.)
- Familiarity with Fidessa products is a plus.