Requisition: JR000006891 Industrial Control Reliability Engineer (Open)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer is to identify manage Instrumentation and Industrial Process Control Systems. This includes Emerson Process Management, DeltaV and Rockwell PLC platforms, reliability risks, reduce maintenance/operational costs, establish performance metrics, improve asset/system availability, streamline existing processes, and sustain continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with engineering disciplines to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified instrumentation and industrial control system installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in final checkout of new installations, i.e., factory and site acceptance testing.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely impact plant production operations; including regulatory compliance, quality, capacity and cost issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the Instrumentation and Controls Reliability Engineer applies data analysis techniques that may include but are not limited to:
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA); 5 Whys, Fishbone, Fault Tree
- Familiarization with Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Regression analysis techniques
- Monitors asset reliability by analyzing data, conducting audits, and tracking requirements using KPI’s
- Collaborates with Production, Maintenance, and Engineering to perform analysis of assets including; Asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness, and remaining useful life by Identifying critical assets, evaluating new assets and technologies, justifying critical spare equipment and parts.
- Responsible for adhering to the lifecycle process throughout the entire life cycle of the new assets.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions for Industrial Process Automation equipment and components/hardware/software.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that include but are not limited to:
- Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- CMMS dashboards and equipment benchmarks
- Develops the process and value lists for the Maximo CMMS to capture asset failure criteria (problem, cause, and remedy) to provide data for systemic failure analysis and trending.
- Monitors assets via condition monitoring analysis tools and trigger CMMS work orders
- Establishes Instrumentation and Control System Metrics that coincides with maintenance department objectives.
- Oversees and optimizes of Instrumentation and Control System preventative maintenance plans to ensure value added programs are instituted.
- Evaluates Instrumentation PM Intervals to assure effectiveness.
- Develops three to five year cost reduction strategies. Track Instrumentation and Controls department cost saving initiatives.
- Provides input into maintenance department short-term and long-term budgeting.
- Continues education/staying current with instrumentation and industrial control system technologies, Industry trends, hardware, software and methods, etc.
- Provides training to other personnel on data analysis tools and techniques.
- Provides on-call technical support to production, maintenance and technical personnel.
- Develops relationships with site manufacturing clients to improve collaboration and teamwork to accomplish manufacturing objectives.
- Performs all work in a safe and efficient manner and supports all site safety programs and objectives.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant environment strongly preferred
Fluent familiarity with Emerson Process Managements; DeltaV DCS Product (Continuous and Batch) required.
Proficient knowledge with Rockwell Automations PLC and FactoryTalk Products and PlantPAX (Continuous and Batch) required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient w/ MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Project, and Word, and knowledgeable of governmental requirements – FDA, cGMP, EPA, OSHA, Etc.
Strong organizational skills
Able to work effectively with all levels of organization
Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
Self-starter with attention to detail and superior time management skills
Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
OPERATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: High degree of collaboration required on a regular on-going basis. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external personnel including engineers, operating and maintenance personnel, site and corporate leadership personnel, consultants, constructors, and equipment suppliers.
The working conditions consist of mainly an office environment with frequent visits to various manufacturing units for troubleshooting, project management, design, and implementation. Provides on-call technical support to production, maintenance and technical personnel; including weekend/off-shift coverage as needed.
Manufacturing areas are not climate controlled. During summer months, building exhaust fans provide ventilation. Chemicals handled include acids and bases, organic solvents, and inorganic compounds. Chemicals may have characteristic odors or hazardous properties that require special handling. Office and Manufacturing environment may require use of personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses and work boots. Additional PPE may be required on some occasions.