The Bimbo Bakeries USA Co-Op program is a dynamic 5-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real world projects.
The Industrial Engineer Co-op will analyze all phases of Direct Store Delivery operations from Route preparation activities through marketplace execution and delivery and account settlement. View all aspects from an industrial engineering perspective with the objective of improving efficiency through every phase of the operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction
• Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased operational efficiencies
• Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls
• Provide assistance in design and execution of various projects
• Analyze current state of industry technology and recommend changes to current operation
• Create and communicate presentation on learned competencies to demonstrate newly acquired business acumen
• Currently a Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering.
• Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Must be willing to work various shifts in Operations and overtime, as needed
• US residency or Green Card required
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.