Title: Information Assurance Engineer / RMF Validator
Length: long term contract
Perks: flex business hours
- Under broad direction, facilitate Certification and Accreditation (C&A) for Information Systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Assist the Government Lead in daily tasks to ensure all systems have current Authorizations to Operate (ATOs).
- Through C&A review processes, ensure security measures are implemented for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute security policies, plans, and procedures.
- Initiate creation of C&A packages to support receipt of Authorizations to Operate (ATOs), collaborate with Engineers to gather required information for C&A packages and update C&A packages as required.
- Perform lifecycle maintenance of C&A packages ensuring ATOs do not expire without proper updates.
- Update the appropriate documentation for Department of the Navy (DON) Application & Database Management System (DADMS) and Department Of Defense Information Technology Portfolio Repository - Department of the Navy (DITPR-DON).
- Submit Ports and Protocols with all supplemental documentation to DISA for approval. Submit Remedy tickets to initiate action from Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Cybersecurity Division (CY) for approval.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner by appropriate point of contact (POC) within the C&A packages.
- Assist with validation of C&A packages as required by the Government.
- Review and provide input for Operational Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for submission to Action Officer (AO).
- Conduct vulnerability scans using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and assist Engineers in documenting system vulnerabilities.
- Must possess ITIL V3.
- Must possess knowledge of Department of Defense Information Assurance Program (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician Level III.
- Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
- Ten or more (5-10 yrs) years of related experience required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####