Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
The Instructional Technologist (IT) is an experienced training expert with in-depth knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) and accreditation process. Ability to effectively coach and mentor the training staff at Xcel Nuclear. Evaluates instructors in all training settings provides feedback, and remediation when appropriate, to improve instructor performance. Supports innovative, creative techniques and technology, based on best practices. Advisor to the site Managers and senior leaders on accreditation. Monitors performance information and conducts cognitive trending to identify gaps and solutions. Participates on all fleet training focused and comprehensive self-assessments. Manages governance of SAT principles for training and line staff.
- Evaluate and Monitor the health of all training programs and instructors through multiple and diverse methods. Lead comprehensive self-assessments of all training programs. Conduct cognitive trending and performance analysis to both identify gaps and recommend solutions to correct.
- Observe and continually evaluate instructors in all training settings. Provide real time feedback or coaching dependent on qualification and experience of the instructors to improve performance. Provide oversight and assistance to instructors in the analysis and design activities for the accredited programs. Evaluate training material quality against standards and provide coaching on how to improve.
- Review analysis and design data for the accredited programs and act as the SAT conscience. Advisor to the Training Manager and senior site leaders on accreditation renewal activities. Primary author for the ASER. Project team member as the accreditation specialist for renewal activities, conduct of the accreditation team visit, and board preparations for the station leadership team. Support preparation for plant evaluations. Point of contact with INPO to remain cognizant of all the latest industry insights related to training.
- Manage all aspects of the fleet instructor training program, includes maintaining all the design basis documentation, training materials, interface with the INPO industry portion, scheduling of resources, and ensuring the qualification of new instructors meets the need of the organization.
- Drive and support continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Provide just in time training as needed to support plant operational requirements. training from vendors and outside training organizations
- As the subject matter expert provide the oversight for the SAT governance procedures and processes.
- Continuously pursue personnel development, learning, and qualifications to support the various training programs. Once qualified, maintain the above listed qualifications to support instructional needs.
- Support plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff during plant outages and/or assist with in-processing employees for plant outages. Participate as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization, as needed.
- 8 years experience in technical training or education. 5 years’ experience as a qualified instructor in a commercial nuclear accredited program preferred
- Advanced Technical Instructor
- At least one accreditation renewal cycle experience; experience in writing an accreditation self-evaluation report (ASER)
- Board experience nice but not required. Fluent in the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) or Training Systems Development principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in a technical field. Formal education or training in adult learning theory and application preferred
- Experience in causal analysis and performance analysis. Experience in a leadership role preferred
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45406:FT Nuclear Corporate Training || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16682
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]