Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Evaluates instructors in all training settings, provides feedback and mentoring where deemed appropriate, to improve instructor performance. Leads fleet instructor training program. Supports innovative, creative techniques and technology, based on best practices within and external to the nuclear industry. Advises station leaders on accreditation. Monitors performance information from diverse sources and conducts cognitive trending to identify gaps and appropriate solutions. Manages governance of Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) processes.
- Evaluate and monitor training programs and instructors using multiple diverse methods. Lead comprehensive self-assessments of training programs. Conduct cognitive trending and performance analysis to both identify gaps and recommend solutions to correct.
- Observe and evaluate instructors in training settings to provide real time feedback/coaching for improve performance. Provide oversight and assistance to instructors in the analysis and design activities for the accredited programs. Evaluate training material quality against company standards.
- Review analysis and design data for the accredited programs and act as the SAT conscience for instructors, training leadership, and line personnel. Advise Training Managers and senior site leaders on accreditation renewal activities. Primary author for the ASER. Accreditation specialist for renewal activities, conduct the accreditation team visit (ATV) and board preparations for the station leadership team. Point of contact with INPO so company remains current with all relevant training.
- Manage the fleet instructor training program. Maintain design basis documentation, training materials, interface with the INPO industry, schedule resources, and ensure the instructors meet required qualifications.
- Continuously pursue personnel development, learning, and qualifications to support the various training programs. Maintain listed qualifications to support instructional needs.
- Support plant refueling outages by transitioning to plant staff and/or assist with in-processing employees for plant outages. Participate as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
- Drive continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Provide just-in-time training to support plant operational requirements.
- Provide oversight for the SAT governance procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in a technical field.
- 8 years’ experience total in technical training or education.
- 5 years’ experience as a qualified instructor in a commercial nuclear accredited program preferred.
- Advanced Technical Instructor.
- Fluent in the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) or Training Systems Development (TSD) principles.
- Experience in causal analysis and performance analysis.
- Obtain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear power plant.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- At least one accreditation renewal cycle experience; experience in writing an accreditation self-evaluation report (ASER).
- Board experience.
- Formal education in adult learning theory and application.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45406:FT Nuclear Corporate Training || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18782
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]