Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Experienced training expert with in-depth knowledge of the systematic approach to training, acts as the program lead for one of the accredited operator training programs or ANSI 3.5 certified simulator. Provides expertise in the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation of initial and continuing training. Provides coaching and mentoring to staff and instructor oversight of day-to-day activities. Provide technical, instructional leadership to evaluate and improve training for efficiency and effectiveness. Advises the training program owner, monitors line performance information and conducts cognitive trending to identify opportunities to improve operator performance through training.
- As program lead, coordinates and schedules all required training. Provides day to day direction to instructors assigned to ensure all program requirements are satisfied in a consistent, high quality manner. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for operator training as well as accreditation requirements.
- As simulator lead, ensures the plant reference simulator meets requirements outlined in 10CFR55.46 and ANSI 3.5. Discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner. New machine capabilities are continuously pursued in support of improved licensed operator training.
- Monitor the training program health and the performance of assigned instructors. Ensures the program meets the needs of the station and operations. Conducts program self-assessments and benchmarking to ensure the highest standards of training are maintained.
- Leads the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training for classroom, laboratory, in-plant, and simulator settings; programs are considered industry leading. Observe and evaluate instructors to improve performance, and reinforce the SAT process.
- Delivers training to licensed and non-licensed operators in a variety of settings to improve student performance in accordance with fleet training processes and regulations. Evaluates operator performance.
- Responds to emergent training needs and performance issues to support plant operations. Coordinate training from equipment vendors and outside training.
- Supports plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff as a temporary supervisor and assist with in-processing training for supplemental workers.
- Participates as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization.
- Diploma or GED, plus Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Military or commercial nuclear experience is considered equivalent on a 1:1 basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires history of RO/SRO license/SRO Certification.
- 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 years of training experience.
- Any combination of instructional or work experience related to the operation of a commercial or military nuclear facility and military or commercial instructor, public education or college/technical school teacher, or qualified in-plant trainer.
- Requires National Academy of Nuclear Training instructor qualification.
- Advanced qualification as simulator instructor and NRC exam writer desirable.
- Must be a qualified as a simulator instructor, or obtain qualification within 1-year.
- Fluent in SAT principles and regulatory requirements associated with operators.
- Must be familiar with requirements to maintain accreditation of the training programs.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45538:FT MT Training-Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18084
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]