Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
The Operations Instructor is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of operator training. Delivery of training occurs in a variety of settings with other instructors and other groups in accordance with the accredited training processes and all-applicable codes and regulations. The Instructor evaluates trainee performance on-the-job and in the simulator when applicable. Implements SAT process for the Operations training programs. May include initial and continuing training for all Operations personnel. Additional responsibilities include training program maintenance, CAP management, and support of the Operations group's day-to-day activities.
- Analyze and design training for all operations training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training.
- Develop and conduct training in the classroom and/or simulator for all operator training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training. Develop and administer examinations for all operator training programs.
- Pursue qualifications to support the various operator training programs such as general instructor, simulator booth operator, SRO Certification, and simulator floor instructor. Once qualified, maintain SRO Certification to support instructional needs.
- Assist with self-assessments and other evaluations of the various operator training programs.
- Assist with in-processing for the large number of contract employees for plant outages.
- Support plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff during lengthy outages.
- Function as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO)
- RO or SRO license or SRO Certification is preferred.
- Candidates should possess expertise/familiarity with power plant operations.
- Technical expertise in another discipline, such as electrical and mechanical maintenance, health physics or chemistry is beneficial.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to interface well with people, communicate effectively, and express ideas clearly, concisely, and accurately both orally and in writing.
- Candidates must be able to effectively present training material to various class sizes with varied entry-level knowledge. Organizational and administrative skills are required to the extent needed to produce, maintain and deliver accredited performance-based training.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, and able to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, is required.
- Candidates must satisfy all Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission security requirements.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45538:FT MT Training-Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15583
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]