Location(s): MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for utilizing the Systematic Approach to Training to conduct Initial and continuing training for personnel to meet accredited program and NRC training requirements in accordance with fleet procedures. The Technical Instructor continually evaluates and improves training to result in maximum effectiveness of the training program and improves plant performance
- Conducts needs assessments, analyzes jobs/tasks to design, develop and implement training for specified technical training programs. Designs Training and establishes specific measureable behaviors for task-oriented training. Create/modify lesson plans, practical exercises, and multimedia training materials for effective delivery to selected personnel. Develop and administer hands on training for experience and exams to validate knowledge of training materials.
- Provide Initial and Continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Provide just in time training as needed to support plant operational requirements. Coordinate training from equipment vendors and outside training organizations.
- Receive and evaluate training feedback from numerous sources, including trainees, management, and industry. Participate in various committees.
- Respond to emergent training needs and performance issues. Maintain short range and long range training schedules. Schedule and notify personnel of training through the Learning Management System. Verify records of conducted training and attendance. Evaluate tasks to determine the standards for performance. Maintain records of personnel qualifications. Maintain updated qualification manual and associated task lists.
- Continuously pursues and maintains personal development, learning and qualifications to support the various training programs such as instructor. Works toward the requirements of a senior and principal Technical Instructor.
- Can participate in self-assessments and other evaluations of the various training programs.
- Supports plant outages and / or assist with in-processing for plant outages
- Participates as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO), as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear power plant is required
- High-school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain instructor qualification is required.
- Five years of related work experience is required. Related work experience is work in the technical discipline that the individual is being hired into, providing training/education in the technical discipline that the individual is being hire into, comparable journeyman/military experience, or a combination of the experience listed to achieve a total of five years.
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent) from a two-year college or technical school is preferred
- Previous Power Plant or Nuclear Navy background is preferred.
- Knowledge in use of a Systematic Approach to Training is preferred.
- Effective in communicating ideas and concepts through written and verbal communications.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45651:FT PI Training-Maint || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16424
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]