Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Highly qualified Instructor – Utilizes a Systematic Approach to Training - develops and conducts Initial and Continuing Training for personnel in various technical or trades functions such as Mechanical Maintenance I&C, Electrician, power generation operations, radiological or chemistry operations in support of the nuclear power generating stations. Provides technical and instructional leadership to continually evaluates and improves training to result in maximum effectiveness of the nuclear training program ; assumes leadership for training process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and Monitor the health of the training program assigned through multiple and diverse methods.
- Leads the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training in the classroom and/or laboratory for those training programs as specified by Training Management.
- Manages short range and long range training schedules, notifies personnel of training through the Learning Management System, verifies records, maintains and updates records of personnel qualifications, maintains qualification items and associated task lists up to date. Delivers training in a variety of settings, with single or multiple groups in accordance with fleet training processes and all-applicable codes and regulations. Evaluates trainee on-the-job performance in the field and in laboratory settings.
- Responds to emergent training needs and performance issues, as needed, to support plant operational requirements. Coordinate training from equipment vendors and outside training organizations.
- Leads and assists with self-assessments and other evaluations of the various training programs.
- Continuously pursues and maintains personal development, learning and qualifications to support the various training programs and progress to training management.
- Observe, oversee and evaluate instructors in various training settings, provide real time feedback or coaching to the instructors to improve performance. Provides mentoring to the instructors on the SAT process.
- Support plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff during outages and / or assist with in-processing for the large number of contract employees for plant outages. Participates as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization as needed.
- High-school diploma or GED is required.
- Associate’s degree from a 2 year college or technical school or equivalent work experience is required.
- Military or commercial nuclear experience is considered equivalent on a 1:1 basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 years of training related experience.
- Any combination of instructional experience, providing training/education in a related technical discipline and comparable journeyman/military experience.
- Requires National Academy of Nuclear Training instructor qualification.
- Previous power plant or Nuclear Navy background is preferred.
- Must be fluent in SAT principles and familiar with applicable regulatory requirements associated with the assigned discipline.
- Must be familiar with requirements to maintain accreditation of the maintenance and technical training programs.
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45406:FT Nuclear Corporate Training || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16907
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]