Location(s): WI - La Crosse
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to work for a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Consider a job at one of Xcel Energy’s power plants, and help us keep the lights on.
Maintain, calibrate and install instrument systems and assist with control systems in fossil-fired generating plants. Make recommendations to improve station instrumentation systems.
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibration and installation including plant instrumentation, environmental monitoring systems, recording, transmitting and indicating equipment.
- Troubleshoot plant instrumentation and basic control systems. Make necessary repairs and calibrations. Make recommendations for follow-up.
- Perform plant testing to improve equipment reliability and efficiency utilizing basic plant systems understanding.
- Participate in the design and installation of basic instrument and control systems including preparing budget estimates, material specifications, scheduling, fabrication, etc.
- Collaborate in the maintenance, calibration, tuning, and performance evaluation of basic control systems such as level, pressure and temperature controls on feed water heaters, water treatment, auxilary systems, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's degree in electronics or instrumentation or equivalent work-related experience.
- Must be proficient in software applications, i.e., word processing, data base, spreadsheet, etc.
- Desired experience: Maximo, AutoCad, Ethernet Network Configuration Experience, Emerson DeltaV Control System, Allen Bradley and Ge Fanuc PLC's, ESC Emissions Monitoring Software and Data Loggers.
- Traveling to other sites may be required.
- Testing and assessments may be required.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - La Crosse || WI - La Crosse || United States (US) || Operations || 62424:French Island RDF || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15148
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]