Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Accountable for portfolio delivery of quality solutions that meet business objectives on-time, and on budget. Responsible for overall management and communications of multiple projects across various business domains, up to $50M budget and ranging in complexity, scale, and duration. Plans, hires, directs and develops project manager resources and other core project team members. Resolves escalated project, program, portfolio and enterprise issues and risks. Drives alignment with business strategy to prioritize, plan and execution the Capital Roadmap. Ensures discipline in delivery through structured methodology. Ensures smooth transition of capabilities to steady state operation. As a key technology leader, the Program Manager owns relationship management during project lifecycle, and overall satisfaction of the outcomes. They liaise with business, IT executives, project sponsors, and across internal teams and third parties to deliver against the Strategic Roadmap.
- Portfolio Planning and Management - Leads the long term program planning effort, including the overall implementation strategy, scope of deliverables and delivery dates, definition of major program/project milestones, and cost/benefit. Ensures alignment with strategy, operational objectives, policy and standards - identify and leverage synergies to other initiatives. Provides ongoing evaluation input to IT policies and practices. Manages all aspects of a portfolio domain - strategic planning, execution, operations. Leads Steering meetings, Governance presentations, and overall Executive communications. Stays abreast of delivery practices, methodologies, industry tools and best practices. Drives continual improvement to delivery capabilities. Drives RFP and Contract creation in partnership with Supply Chain. Ensures contracts have sound terms pricing, managed financial exposure, measurable deliverables. Facilitates operational contracts Manages Professional Services and staff aug contractors.
- Portfolio Leadership – Hires and manages core project team members, ensuring viable work plans are established, and structured delivery practices are utilized. Provides development and performance management to staff. Leads efforts to improve delivery framework practices, and optimize PMO Operations. Achieves on-time, on-budget project goals, as well as Portfolio financial goals. Oversees delivery practices. Critiques and validates project plans, estimates, risk plans and forecasts. Ensures the successful completion of project deliverables & milestones in a critical/complex environment.
- Customer Relationship Mgmt – Fosters strong relationships with project constituents and benefactors throughout lifecycle. Manages customer expectations, and drives resolution of customer concerns. Ensures customer satisfaction with project execution and outcomes.
- Bachelors degree in business, IT or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Eight years experience with program management, including 3 or more managing complex, large scale programs.
- PMP Certification required, or ability to attain.
- Mastery of project planning and business need justification.
- Mastery of SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to change and drive structure in ambiguous environments.
This position requires a solid understanding of Agile delivery methodologies and Scrum Ceremonies including:
- Scrum of Scrums
- Daily Stand-ups
- Program Increment Planning
- Backlog Grooming
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Demos
- Sprint Retrospectives
Travel is estimated up to 50%.”
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Utilities Group || 56220:IT Account Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19320
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]