Location(s): MN - Maple Grove
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Electrician(s) - Substation Construction. Offices are located at the Maple Grove Service Center.
The Company will have the sole right of selectivity.
Bargaining and non-bargaining employees may apply for this vacancy. Please verify that your education and/or experience meets the minimum requirements listed below. Please do not apply if you do not possess the requirements.
- Perform duties of electrician classification involving substation construction, which includes structural and electrical equipment installations and control house wiring.
- Work on substation construction projects in MN, WI, SD, ND, and MI.
- The construction projects may require extensive work within generation/nuclear generation facilities and outdoors.
- Work out of town for extended periods of time.
- Some after-hours emergency callouts.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must currently have a Journeyman Lineman or Electrician (State Licensed) certificate.
- Must have thorough knowledge of substation equipment, design standards, safety procedures, operating, switching, and grounding procedures.
- Must be able read schematic diagrams, electrical diagrams, metering diagrams, and equipment operation and maintenance manuals.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying construction and testing equipment.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Maple Grove || United States (US) || Operations || 0329S:Electrical Substation Const. || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18148
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]