Location(s): CO - Alamosa; CO - Arvada; CO - Aurora; CO - Bayfield; CO - Boulder; CO - Brighton; CO - Brush; CO - Denver; CO - Englewood; CO - Evergreen; CO - Fort Collins; CO - Georgetown; CO - Golden; CO - Granby; CO - Grand Junction; CO - Greeley; CO - Lakewood; CO - Leadville; CO - Meeker; CO - Minturn; CO - Pueblo; CO - Rifle; CO - Salida; CO - Silverthorne; CO - Sterling; CO - Wiggins
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
Note: You may receive an invitation to take an SHL assessment. If you are being sent an assessment an email with instructions will be sent to you via email.
We welcome all Journeyman Level Lineman who are active and passive in their job search to apply to this Journeyman Lineman and Troubleman Lineman General Interest requisition. In this requisition, you will be able to express interest in Journeyman Level Lineman positions. You'll be able to start an application profile with us and a Recruiter will be in touch with you via email or by phone when a position becomes available.
Important Note: This is not a requisition to apply for a specific job, but instead a tool for Journeyman Lineman and Troubleman Lineman looking for career opportunities with Xcel Energy in Colorado. The Talent Aquisition team will use this general interest requisition as a sourcing tool for future job openings within the company.
Once you have submitted your applicaton profile, a Recruiter will review your application and resume to see if you meet the minimum qualifications as a Journeyman Lineman and/or Troubleman Lineman and then based on your preference as to what location and area of the lineman trade you're interested in, a Recruiter will inform you when those jobs become available via email or by phone so that you can apply to it right away.
Please ensure that you are meeting the minimum qualifications listed below and that you are at a Journeyman Level status.
Summary and Requirements
Work various shifts on a one person truck. Respond to outages, voltage problems, and emergency calls.
- Must currently be a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet driver qualification requirements including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric overhead and underground construction and maintenance
- Shift work will be required
- Will be required to work with a MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) system and complete all related paperwork in a timely manner
- Must be available for emergency call-outs for overtime assignments
- Will be required to actively participate in training and retraining programs
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others, possess a positive attitude, have a commitment to work safely, provide consistent quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and work productively
Journeyman Lineman (Distribution):
Perform the duties of lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
1. The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
3. The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
4. Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
For External and Non-Xcel Energy Journeymen candidates, verification of Journeyman Lineman qualifications and knowledge will include testing and/or practical skills evaluation prior to the first 90 days of employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license including a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- All applicants must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program, and possess a Journeyman Lineman certification.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeder circuits, transformer loading and connections, and fusing practices.
- Should have experience with electric meter sets and their connections.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of hot line tools, protective devices, fuses, lightning arresters, disconnect switches, breakers, grounding sets, transformers and their connections.
- Must be experienced in operation of Line Construction and Maintenance vehicles including, but not limited to, fork lifts, digger-derricks, platform digger units, wire and rope tensioning units, and other similar equipment.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge and experience in electric Distribution system trouble-shooting.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Safety Rules and regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in electric Distribution field service work.
- Must be familiar with use of rubber gloves, sleeves, line hose, switching procedures, as well as in the use of PPE in accordance with Company and OSHA requirements.
Journeyman Lineman (Transmission Lines, Construction, and Maintenance):
As a Journeyman Lineman, you will perform all duties of the lineman classification that involve overhead and underground electric transmission systems. You will need to be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude. A strong commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively are a must in this position.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must presently hold a Journeyman Lineman Certificate. Will be required to provide proof of successful completion of a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship.
3. Must meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License. (Class A CDL)
4. Requires participation in after-hour emergency call-outs.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to successfully work with customers on a wide range of concerns.
7. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
8. Demonstrated commitment to work productively and safely.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Alamosa; CO - Arvada; CO - Aurora; CO - Bayfield; CO - Boulder; CO - Brighton; CO - Brush; CO - Denver; CO - Englewood; CO - Evergreen; CO - Fort Collins; CO - Georgetown; CO - Golden; CO - Granby; CO - Grand Junction; CO - Greeley; CO - Lakewood; CO - Leadville; CO - Meeker; CO - Minturn; CO - Pueblo; CO - Rifle; CO - Salida; CO - Silverthorne; CO - Sterling; CO - Wiggins || United States (US) || Operations || 0480A:Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6747
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]