Location(s): CO - Boulder
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Journeyman Lineman to join the Xcel Energy team at the Boulder Service Center in Boulder, Colorado!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
Perform the duties of lineman clasification involving overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission systems.
1. The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
3. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes/30 miles of the assigned Service Center throughout their employment in the Line Department.
4. The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
5. Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
Once employed, Xcel Energy maintains the right to send successful applicants to Company-Sponsored Apprentice Schools, as deemed necessary. For External and Non-Xcel Energy Journeymen candidates, verification of Journeyman Lineman qualifications and knowledge will include testing and/or practical skills evaluation within the first 90 days of employment. Failure to successfully pass the testing and/or skills evaluation will result in Termination or Demotion.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license including a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- All applicants must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program, and possess a Journeyman Lineman certification.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeder circuits, transformer loading and connections, and fusing practices.
- Should have experience with electric meter sets and their connections.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of hot line tools, protective devices, fuses, lightning arresters, disconnect switches, breakers, grounding sets, transformers and their connections.
- Must be experienced in operation of Line Construction and Maintenance vehicles including, but not limited to, fork lifts, digger-derricks, platform digger units, wire and rope tensioning units, and other similar equipment.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge and experience in electric Distribution system trouble-shooting.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Safety Rules and regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in electric Distribution field service work.
- Must be familiar with use of rubber gloves, sleeves, line hose, switching procedures, as well as in the use of PPE in accordance with Company and OSHA requirements.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Boulder || CO - Boulder || United States (US) || Operations || 64580:Elec Ops Boulder PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6094
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]