Location(s): WI - Eau Claire
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman at our Western Avenue Service Center in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The starting rate of pay for this position is $45.46 hourly. This position will be posted for 15 Working days from August 2, 2018 to August 22, 2018.
In this position you will work as part of an electric line crew operation and perform duties of the lineman classification involving construction, maintenance and emergency repairs of all overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems in Xcel Energy service territory.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Journeyman Lineman Certificate
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required
- Must be committed to working safely
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Must have a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must pass the Xcel Energy security and drug screening
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, pressure diggers and any other equipment involved in utility line work is required
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds & pass a federal DOT physical examination
- Must be able to perform aerial work in a safety belt in a safe manner
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Eau Claire || WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Utilities Group || 715EC:Elec Const EC/ME WI || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14785
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]