Location(s): CO - Leadville; CO - Silverthorne
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Do you want to get away from the city and work in a mountain environment on a tight-knit team? If so, a Journeyman Lineman position with Xcel Energy may be a great fit for you!
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman to be located in either Silverthorne, CO. The starting rate of pay for this position is $47.76 hourly.
Perform the duties of lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
1. The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
3. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes/30 miles of the Leadville Service Center or Summit County Service Center.
4. The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
5. Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
For External and Non-Xcel Energy Journeyman candidates, verification of Journeyman Lineman qualificastions and knowledge will include written testing and/or practical skills evaluation during the applicaiton process.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license including a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- All applicants must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program, and possess a Journeyman Lineman certification.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeder circuits, transformer loading and connections, and fusing practices.
- Should have experience with electric meter sets and their connections.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of hot line tools, protective devices, fuses, lightning arresters, disconnect switches, breakers, grounding sets, transformers and their connections.
- Must be experienced in operation of Line Construction and Maintenance vehicles including, but not limited to, fork lifts, digger-derricks, platform digger units, wire and rope tensioning units, and other similar equipment.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge and experience in electric Distribution system trouble-shooting.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Safety Rules and regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in electric Distribution field service work.
- Must be familiar with use of rubber gloves, sleeves, line hose, switching procedures, as well as in the use of PPE in accordance with Company and OSHA requirements.
**NOTE: This position requires an assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 Selection Process:
4. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
5. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
6. If you do not successfully complete the assessment, you are eligible to re-take it after 6 months.
Step 3 Lineman Test:
7. If selected for the next step you will be required to pass the Xcel Energy Journeyman Lineman test.
8. This will be conducted on site
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Silverthorne || CO - Leadville; CO - Silverthorne || United States (US) || Operations || 63460:G&E Ops Mountain PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14238
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]