Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Station Electricians to join our team at the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, MN. The hourly pay for this position is $46.22.
Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment.
1. Will be required to actively participate in training and retraining programs.
2. Will be required to function under written plant maintenance procedures, as appropriate and document records as required by plant management.
3. Will be required to perform duties when necessary from scaffolding and catwalks in high and confined areas.
4. Will be required to have full knowledge of all applicable codes and OSHA requirements which apply to all plant work.
5. May be required to accept temporary assignments to other plant as directed by plant management.
6. Must be respirator qualified or obtainable.
7. May require shift work.
1.High school diploma or GED.
2. Must have completed all apprentice electrical training and hold Journeyman certification.
3. Must have thorough knowledge of AC and DC laws and equations.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of all electrical test equipment.
5. Must have the ability to read and understand logic, schematic and circuit diagrams.
6. Must pass the EEI MASS testing.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 0483L:0483L - Maintenance Electrical || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17388
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]