Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Lead Site/Civil Design Engineer in our Dayton, OH or Cincinnati, OH office.
The Lead Site/Civil Design Engineer is an innovative individual who will guide, develop and direct 10-12 team members in our Cincinnati and Dayton, OH offices. This individual is a major driver who will ensure the delivery of excellent results to our clients. Projects include: site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, management systems, , grading/earthwork, erosion control and storm water pollution prevention plans. The Lead Site/Civil Design Engineer will coordinate permitting with FEMA, DOT, DNR, County and local municipalities. Our Lead Site/Civil Design Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to develop detailed deliverables, influence project framework, cost estimates, timeframe decisions, and ensure that the highest quality features are developed and delivered across Woolpert’s client footprint.
- Provide immediate and continuous job performance feedback as well as formal performance reviews to assist your team achieve job requirements, career development goals and departmental objectives
- Mentor each team member; establish career development plans and achievable goals for your reports and support their ongoing growth
- In conjunction with Discipline Leader and HR, assist in the recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Review and advise recommendations for scope and schedule of proposals, develop budgets to complete technical aspects of a project
- Assist project management team with development of project proposal, definition of project schedule, fee and scope during the proposal and negotiation process
- Clarify performance expectations of phase and/or task deliverables; balance workload across team and oversee completion of deliverables
- Perform technical aspects of specified deliverables and lead team of technical staff in creating deliverables consistent with scope, schedule and budget
- Identify, address and resolve any issues impacting phase/task goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction. Respond to scope changes with revised budgets, assignments and scheduling
- Coach, mentor, direct, and delegate execution of quality project deliverables among technical team members
- Proactively communicate to team the latest technological developments affecting our industry and identify opportunities for industry presentations
- Develop project standards and assure standards are met by team
- Communicate issues affecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalates unresolved issues to project manager and/or discipline leader
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years Site/Civil Design experience in the public and private sectors such as: commercial/retail/industrial AND 5+ years of team leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD/, Civil 3D, Vehicle Tracking and Microsoft Suite products
- Active Ohio Professional Engineer License
- Active LEED certification is ideal
· Occasional overnight travel may be required, approximately 25%
· Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to provide excellent customer service
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
· Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering/Geospatial industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.