Location(s): CO - Sterling
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy’s electric distribution team.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Journeyman Lineman to join the Xcel Energy team in Sterling, Colorado! In this position you will perform all duties of the lineman classification that involve overhead and underground electric distribution systems. You will need to be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude. A strong commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively are a must in this position. This position pays $43.87 per hour.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must presently hold a Journeyman Lineman Certificate. Will be required to provide proof of successfull completion of a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship.
3. Must meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License. (CDL)
4. Requires participation in after-hour emergency call-outs.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to successfully work with customers on a wide range of concerns.
7. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
8. Demonstrated commitment to work productively and safely.
9. Must live within 30 minutes or 30 miles of the Sterling service center.
**NOTE: This position requires an assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 Selection Process:
4. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
5. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
6. If you do not successfully complete the assessment, you are eligible to re-take it after 6 months.
Step 3 Lineman Test
7. If selected for the next step you will be required to pass the Xcel Energy Journeyman Lineman test.
8. This will be conducted on site
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Sterling || CO - Sterling || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 59676:Distribution Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 3972
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org