Location(s): MN - Maple Grove
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Machine Operator(s) to be located at our Maple Grove Service Center in Maple Grove, Minnesota. The starting rate of pay for this position is $41.99 hourly.
Xcel Energy has sole right of selectivity.
Loading, transporting, and permitting the delivery of materials, equipment, and hazardous wastes. The trucking services support NSP Sub/Tran Construction projects, as well as other Xcel Energy business units.
Position responds to after-hours and weekend callouts. Position involves travel throughout service territory as well as deliveries outside of service territory (interstate trucking).
1. Two or more years of tractor operator experience.
2. High school diploma or GED.
3. Must have valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with Hazardous Waste and Tanker endorsements.
5. Must be Forklift certified.
6. Must have total commitment to safety, quality, and customer service.
7. Experience with operation of cranes, digger derricks, track vehicles, and wire tensioning and line stringing equipment is desirable.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Maple Grove || United States (US) || Operations || 41310:Trans Construction & Line Ops || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19098
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]