Be a part of our union DC37! Experience our competitive benefit plan and wonderful perks!
Must be able to pass a written and practical exam; date and location to be announced.
Application deadline for this position is June 17, 2019
Starting salary is: $45,112
The Maintainer, under supervision, will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC systems, including refrigeration systems, cooling towers, steam and hot water boiler plants, air distribution, controls and building management systems, as well as perform related work. He/She will:
· Perform related work in and around all Garden facilities including equipment diagnostics and repair; emergency response to equipment failure and safety compliance.
· Perform all types of general mechanical room maintenance, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, masonry, and specifically HVAC in all Garden facilities.
· High School Graduate or GED, certificate from trade school in HVAC/R or 3-5 years in related position in the HVAC/R industry
· A Type II EPA Certification for reclamation of refrigerants
· A valid driver’s license required
· Evening and afternoon shift work required
· A NYFD Refrigeration License preferred
· Ability to lift over 20 lbs.
Please go to http://www.nybg.org/employment to submit your application.