SUMMARY: The Maintenance & Engineering Manager will be responsible for providing overall direction, leadership, and support for our facility, maintenance, and engineering programs so that the plant’s long range and annual operating plans are achieved. This position will have responsibility for the engineering and design of capital projects for the Mill and managing the activities and effectiveness of the Maintenance and Facilities Departments.
Engineering: Lead and support the capital and engineering programs, including Energy and Sustainability improvements. (50%)
Facilities: Lead and support the plant facilities and infrastructure programs. (25%)
Maintenance: Lead and support the plant’s maintenance & reliability programs. (25%)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all matters associated with plant’s facilities, engineering, and maintenance work. This includes dams, hydro and solar electrical generating equipment.
- Demonstrate personal value and establish standards of excellence for safety and environmental stewardship.
- Work with the Site HSE Manager to consistently improve Maintenance and Engineering safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate work practices and standards that are consistent with expected H & V cultural values and Guiding Principles.
- Leadership for the development and implementation of safety procedures for the installation, repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems for all Technicians and contractors.
- Responsible for evaluating energy efficiency, calculating energy and demand savings associated with energy efficient measures, and implementing engineered solutions to continuously improve.
- Command an understanding of engineered solutions for hydro and solar-powered electrical generation to reduce mill’s dependency on fossil fuels.
- Identify cost effective energy efficiency opportunities through ISO 50001 methodology and capable of implementing and reporting on sustainable solutions to energy savings.
- The desire to continue learning about energy efficiency and to gain expertise in the evaluation field.
- Develop and implement organizational model for maintaining the assets.
- Design and oversee the work process for plant and equipment maintenance.
- Establish performance monitoring system of maintenance and engineering initiatives.
- Demonstrate accountability for the expenditures of the Maintenance Budget (AOP).
- Design and oversee the work process for improved equipment reliability.
- Prepare documentation for Reliability Centered Maintenance Reviews and Lead RCM reviews.
- Insure competencies are in place for Maintenance Technician Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, and instrumentation work.
- Annual review of maintenance and engineering personnel performance and growth plans.
Lead and support maintenance manager with reliability initiatives and efforts to continually improve assets.
Lead and support engineering manager and design of all capital projects for the Plant.
Provide Project Management technical leadership for all phases of capital project engineering and design activity to include requirements documentation, development of alternative solutions to meet project goals including presentation to management as needed; perform engineering design, configuration and system integration or overseeing this work performed by others including preparation of engineering requisitions for purchase.
Lead the development of the annual capital project program for new equipment and major repairs through the management of assigned capital projects and project leaders. Responsible for effective project management, project team leadership/coordination, and administration of assigned projects.
Leadership for the development and implementation for safe electrical and process control maintenance practices and Engineering design for all installed equipment and for all new equipment installations.
- Provide shop floor support and leadership for Electrical, Instrumentation, and Process Control initiatives.
- And other related duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of prior experience, including employment in a process‐related industrial facility and/or an industrial consulting engineering design firm with relevant experience and skills.
- Experience working in a Pulp and Paper related field is preferred.
- Must have strong Project Management Skills and Competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, and establish and meet financial and scheduling constraints.
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to work both independently and within a team and as a team leader.
- Must interact well and coordinate efforts with plant operations, engineering, and maintenance staff.
- Ability to effectively manage project teams made up of internal and external resources.
- Ability to effectively work on projects remotely through the use of remote project management tools and routine site visits.
- Working knowledge of computers and application of software to develop and communicate engineering solutions (including MS Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Exchange, AutoCad, others).
- Experience executing and leading electrical, instrumentation, and process control field service work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- May be required to remain on feet for continuous periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders & work in overhead areas such as a warehouse environment.
- May be required to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of work.
- Could be required to raise or lower objects from one level to another.
- Could require infrequent exertion of force up to 50 of pounds.
- Regularly required to bend forward by bending at the waist or by bending legs and spine. May be required to work in a confined space; to crawl and move about on hands and knees.
- Requires color determination vision.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Require the ability to distinguish differences in quality of odors with the nose.
- Requires physical ability to safely function outside the facility in a winter environment which includes significant snowfall & ice formation.
- Requires physical ability to operate inside a manufacturing environment that includes hot ambient temperatures and high humidity.
- Occasional overtime and/or working on weekends or recognized Holidays is required, when circumstances dictate (i.e. shutdowns, breakdowns, work related travel, etc.);
- Occasional air travel may be required with in the US and internationally;
- Professional engineering license / certification is desirable.
The position is based in Easton, NY and will deliver a competitive compensation package.
Hollingsworth & Vose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.